I hope that families and our pupils will find the website interesting and informative.
At Oliver Goldsmith Primary School, we aim to provide rich and engaging learning experiences which will create life long memories. Our dedicated staff provide our pupils with the knowledge they need for subsequent learning and prepare them for the next stage of their education.
We are continually developing our curriculum to expand the children’s knowledge of the wider world and have a range of exiting topics for each year group. Our curriculum has also been designed with careful consideration of the sequence of content necessary for pupils to make progress. We are privileged to serve a community with a diverse cultural heritage, and this inspires and enriches the global perspective of our curriculum.
We are committed to all of the children in the school and through our beliefs and values we prepare our learners for life in modern Britain, encouraging responsibility, respect and a celebration of diversity. The most rewarding educational environment is an inclusive one and I believe that there are no barriers to learning that cannot be overcome: it is our job as educators to identify any potential obstacles and remove them through supporting children and their families both in and out of school.
I look forward to welcoming you into our school.
At Oliver Goldsmith we are working hard on our goal to improve the provision and attainment in our school to become a Good or Outstanding school. Our main targets are:
- To consistently enhance and use the baseline assessment to identify vulnerable pupils.
- To track and monitor data rigorously of vulnerable pupil groups, with next steps identified
- To ensure that our pupils leave Reception at a Good Level of Development.
Key Stage 1 and 2:
- To remove barriers to learning to ensure our children achieve the expected levels or above expected levels in all core areas.
- Ensure that a systematic approach is taken to teaching phonics across the school and that reading books are well matched to pupils’ phonic knowledge
- Further strengthen teachers’ subject knowledge, enabling them to implement the newly introduced curriculum effectively.