Welcome to Year 4
It’s been a great start to year 4 as we’ve been getting to know the children.
We have some exciting lessons planned this year – The Romans, Shang Dynasty, The United Kingdom, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings, Saving Planet Earth and Amazonia! Children will explore different aspects of history going across the globe.
To go with these are some exciting books – Queen of Darkness and Viking Boy by Tony Bradman, What a Waste by Jess French, Cloud Busting by Malorie Blackman, The Tin Forest by Helen Ward, The Promise by Nicola Davies just to name a few.
A few reminders for the Autumn term:
- Swimming: Mondays (Pioneer class will aim to return to school for 3:30pm. Hubble class will be back in school for the usual pick up time of 3:15pm)
- Homework out: Fridays
- Homework back in: Tuesdays
- Reading books changed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Spelling test: Wednesdays
- Times Tables test: Fridays
- PE: Wednesdays
Our Learning Across the Curriculum (LAtC) topic for Autumn 1 is Through the Ages: The Romans. Have a look at our knowledge organiser below with some information related to the areas of learning in history.
Knowledge Organiser The Romans
We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
Best wishes from the Year 4 team (Ms Adenaike, Miss Garcia, Mrs Perry and Ms McEntee)