It’s been a great start to year 4 as we’ve been getting to know the children.
We have some exciting lessons planned this year – The Romans, Shang Dynasty, The United Kingdom, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings, Saving Planet Earth and Amazonia! Children will explore different aspects of history going across the globe.
To go with these are some exciting books – Queen of Darkness and Viking Boy by Tony Bradman, What a Waste by Jess French, Cloud Busting by Malorie Blackman, The Tin Forest by Helen Ward, The Promise by Nicola Davies just to name a few.
A few reminders for the Autumn term:
- Swimming: Mondays (Pioneer class will aim to return to school for 3:30pm. Hubble class will be back in school for the usual pick up time of 3:15pm)
- Homework out: Fridays
- Homework back in: Tuesdays
- Reading books changed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Spelling test: Wednesdays
- Times Tables test: Fridays
- PE: Wednesdays
Our Learning Across the Curriculum (LAtC) topic for Autumn 1 is Through the Ages: The Romans. Have a look at our knowledge organiser below with some information related to the areas of learning in history.
We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
Best wishes from the Year 4 team (Ms Adenaike, Miss Garcia, Mrs Perry and Ms McEntee)