Values and Ethos
Oliver Goldsmith recognises the potential of every individual to achieve excellence. We strive to positively address underachievement and have very high expectations for all members of our school community. We work very hard to creatively remove barriers to achievement and raise self-esteem. We are determined to create a true meaningful partnership with the whole school community.
Everyone works to provide a welcoming, calm, happy and purposeful atmosphere. Consideration, encouragement of positive role models, respect for others, their property and the environment are our priorities. We aim to deliver a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum in an optimum learning environment that is attractive, stimulating informative and instils a sense of pride.
Oliver Goldsmith’s objectives:
From our stated aims, the whole school community works to achieve the following:
- A happy, calm and nurturing school community
- A highly stimulating learning environment
- Mutual respect and understanding
- An inclusive education free from discrimination
- Encouragement to make informed and responsible choices about how we behave and the impact of this on others
- Very high standards and expectations/ intolerance of underachievement
- Access to an exciting, progressive and varied curriculum
- Development of self-motivation, independence, independence, positive attitudes and confidence
- Provide positive and diverse role-models.