https://www.olivergoldsmith.southwark.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/logo-text-lanscape.png 0 0 Christine Adenaike https://www.olivergoldsmith.southwark.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/logo-text-lanscape.png Christine Adenaike2023-02-07 07:37:102023-02-07 09:57:59
Safer Internet Day 2023
‘Want to talk about it? Making space for conversations about life online’.
Make time to listen to your children today and make positive change together.
Safer Internet Day 2023 aims to answer the following questions:
- What issues really matter to children and young people?
- What changes do they want to see?
- How can we all work together to advocate for them moving forward?
Here are some tips from the National Online Safety for encouraging open discussions about digital lives:
A few useful links for keeping children safe online:
- thinkuknow.co.uk – Online safety advice for parents
- childnet.com – Excellent free resources for educators and parents/carers
- theparentzone.co.uk – The Parent Zone
- vodaphone.com – Resources to support parents in making the right digital choices
- askaboutgames.com – Useful website offering answers to questions parents and players have about video games age ratings, and other tips to ensure children play safely and responsibly
- pegi.info – Pegi website to help parents make informed decisions when buying video games