Children who attend our school come from a variety of backgrounds. As a school, we ensure that regardless of background, children are still able to have access to a high quality education and are able to meet their full potential. The school is provided with additional funding for pupils who are entitled to free school meals. This funding is allocated in order to provide additional adults, resources, interventions and specialists in order for all children to develop in the best way possible. Please click on the link to review how the school plans to spend this allocated money. In addition, the school also reviews how the money was spent in order enhance pupil progress:
Pupil premium strategy document and expenditure plan 2020-2021: Click here
Pupil premium strategy document and expenditure plan 2021 – 2022 click here
Pupil Premium is a Fund the school receives from the Government to raise the attainment of disadvantaged children and close the gap between them and their peers.
Who is Eligible for Pupil Premium Funding?
The school receives Pupil Premium funding for children whose families are eligible for certain benefits. Parents/Carers must complete a form upon entry to the school so that the school can receive this money.
The school also receives additional funding in order to provide high quality sporting provision and physical activities for all children within our school. The aim of this funding is to:
- Promote the importance of healthy living and exercise for all children
- Engage teachers in high quality CPD in order to enhance provision across the school for all children
- Allow children a wider breadth of additional experiences and opportunities in sport and exercise.
Please click here to view our sports premium plan 2021 -2022
The school will ensure that these improvements are sustainable by:
- Deploying a Middle Leader to oversee the sports provision including reviewing the ongoing provision.
- SLT to effectively support and challenge this Middle Leader in fulfilling their duties in sustaining high quality sports provision.
- Governors to have oversight of the impact of the spending of Sports Premium and question how the spending will be sustained.
We decided to join the London P.E. and Sports Network, run from Bacon’s college.
By linking with the London P.E. and Sports Network we have been able to be involved in support teaching, curriculum support for teachers, P.E. planning support , a weekly KS1 Multi-skills club and our children have had the opportunity to be involved in sporting competitions throughout the borough.